Tuesday 8 January 2013

Thinking caps on

Spirit in the sky?
I have been sent details of a new spiritual book club that is being set up in my area. Would I like to join? Well, yes, I rather think I would. The invitation came via my yoga website, from which I'm inferring an open-minded approach and, I'm hoping, broad discussions on matters of the spirit, soul, whatever you call it, rather than a purely religious perspective. I'm intrigued and want to know more.

So what books do you think we should include? Perhaps:
  • The Bhagavad Gita - one of Meera Syal's challenges on a recent episode of I've Never Seen Star Wars
  • God Collar - by Marcus Brigstocke - see my earlier post on this here
  • The Narnia Books of C S Lewis
  • Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living by the Dalai Lama and Howard C Cutler
  • Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
Some food for thought there.

No comments:

Post a Comment