Friday 10 May 2013

More small things to celebrate

So what's happened this week? 

I managed to get a plug on local radio for my choir's concert tomorrow. Fingers crossed that we sell plenty of tickets on the door, or we're going to have a lot of wine to drink amongst ourselves.

I've had some lovely feedback on my stories on Etherbooks.com (she says, modestly).

Got a £2 refund from Virgin because my internet just suddenly stopped working on Tuesday morning.

Had a 'quick coffee' with a friend this morning that lasted two hours.

Taught a great session of yoga this afternoon with my lovely class, who worked really hard.

Off to Waterstones tomorrow where my friend Will Adams is signing copies of his latest book.


13 comments:

  1. Enjoy the book signing tomorrow and hope the choir is a success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaniks. Getting a bit nervous about the singing now - but it'll be all right on the night.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've had a great week (apart from your internet going down!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's frightening how thrown I feel when I click the Firefox button and nothing happens. It's like the end of the world!

      Delete
  3. Love those kind of quick coffee meet ups ;)
    Congrats on the lovely feedbacks, woot woot! And have fun at the signing, yay for Will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great celebrations! I pay the seats get filed so we won't have a bunch of drunk Christians on our hands. That would be a news story I'd like to watch. :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a couple of phone calls this morning asking about tickets, so I think we're going to be OK. But I'll report if anything hilarious happens. (Not often you think of Benjamin Britten and hysterical laughter in the same sentence.)

      Delete
  5. Just read your story. I was laughing. Shared it with a few friends to read. We do have our different undies, don't we? Had to look up CILT. Sounded like some kind of cult. I don't know, maybe it still is? Have fun with the signing and good luck with the choir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind feedback, Bethie. I'm really amazed at how these quick reads have taken off with people who have the technology.

      Delete
  6. Not too bad. It was rounded off with 'film night' with my boys, watching The Hobbit (yawn) and eating popcorn (yum).

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely list, I hope your concert goes well. And I love coffees which turn out longer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your concert is a big success tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Sunday morning now and I've just spent half an hour rubbing my pencil marks off my music for return to the library. The concert went well, thanks, due in no small part to our fantastic professional soloists. Next concert is 14th July.

      Delete