Happy Friday, folks. Today I'm celebrating the following:
1. The goldfinches are back - see picture. I do what I can to attract the birds into our garden, including a hanger of niger seeds, but I haven't seen the goldfinches for a while. But they're back. This morning, I was sitting at my computer with the back door open when something caught my eye. I looked left to find a pigeon perched on a chair back. It's hard to say which of us was the more startled - though in the end I out-stared him and he flew back into the garden.
3. Number One Son has survived his first week in his new job.
4. I've had some lovely feedback on one of my stories on Ether Books. Thank you.
5. I taught a nice one-to-one yoga session with a new student this afternoon.
6. I've managed to get some coverage in the local paper for my choir's forthcoming concert.
7. Tomorrow I have the first half of a two-session ukulele course. Wish me luck!