Monday 24 April 2017

Taking things a little easier?

Good morning, world. It's only just starting to get light and it's so cold I've had to switch on my little radiator to take the chill off.I always have an early start on Mondays, because I teach a half-nine yoga class, so I have to be up, fed and digested in good time.

It's no hardship, really. My desk faces the window that overlooks my garden, so I've just been watching the birds having their breakfast while a visiting squirrel tried to join in. We have a family of blackbirds, and despite the fact that the babies are now quite chunky, it's still the parents that are running around chasing mealworms and other tasty morsels.

Last week was tough, but only in a first-world-problems kind of way. Am I now at the age when I must remind myself not to do too much? Surely not! And yet, by Friday teatime I was feeling quite trembly. This week I shall practise what I preach, and be kinder to myself.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, yes - look after yourself, Julia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a bit better this week, Wendy, thanks.

      Delete
  2. Please do, Julia. I am working on that goal too this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you've managed it, Erika. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  3. It's unbelievably cold some days at the moment - no early summer up here this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not happy with hail this close to May Day, Rosemary.

      Delete