Guidelines for successful and harmonious jigsaw completing
- Measure the table before you start, and allow generous margins all round for elbows.
- No dangly sleeves allowed. Woe betide he who lifts an interlocking section from the table with his cuff.
- No food or drink allowed on the table.
- On opening the box, any pieces that are already joined together must be separated and returned to the pool to be rediscovered individually at the appropriate time.There are those people who celebrate pre-connected pieces. These people are wrong. These same delinquents will pause the TV to give themselves longer to solve the Countdown Conundrum and Google the answers to a cryptic crossword.
- The search for pieces must begin with edges and, especially, corners. Note that Rule 4 applies.
- Only the owner of the puzzle may insert the final piece. NB It is never funny to hide this and then reveal it with feigned surprise at its discovery after everyone else has spent an hour on their hands and knees looking for it.