Friday 13 July 2012

'Somewhere over the rainbow'

It's not been the best of days. My much anticipated tax bill has arrived. Then just before 5pm all the electricity in the house went off. And there was me mid article! Grrr. I'd also got my tea cooking. But I re-set the fuse thingy in the kitchen cupboard, checked that the cooker had come back on and went back to work.

An hour later, tastebuds tingling at the prospect of a tasty meal my hopes were dashed when it became clear that what had caused the power to fail was the withdrawal of labour on the part of the heating element in the oven. So no tea, then. Just the prospect of an expensive phone call to the repair man.
Copyright Julia Thorley 2012

On the other hand, just look at this fantastic picture that I took out of my bedroom window. How cool is that?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, I've nominated you for a Sunshine Award... more on my bloghttp://tracyfells.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! (It's Thorley, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you went and dug for the pot of gold at the end of that rainbow, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I didn't. Well, it seemed a shame to disturb it.

    ReplyDelete