Friday 25 October 2013

That was the week that was

I've just about managed to get my backside in gear to join in and Celebrate The Small Things, so here goes:

I had a lovely time at the Kettering Arts Centre last Saturday. We went to see the comedian Tony Law, and he was fantastic. 'We' is hubby,  my two brothers and me. The older of my two brothers had a significant birthday in the summer (remember the cake?) and the other bought him a night out in Kettering as a present. Much fun was had by all.

Yesterday I had lunch out with a friend ahead of my own birthday.

I've taught some lovely yoga classes this week, including one at a care home, where one of the elderly residents told me he'd enjoyed the session because 'It was nice to have a bit of peace and quiet, for a change.' Lots of talk on Radio 2 this week about loneliness, so it was good to be with some seniors who had company (and care) in their later years.

If you want to join in the celebrations, share yours here.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed some fun with your family. I have heard some of the Radio 2 chat this week too, I hate to think of people being lonely.

    Happy weekend and an early Happy Birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Laura. Apart from the fact that it has been raining in in my newly decorated spare room, that is.

      Delete
  3. Good indeed to be with seniors who have company - and great to be offering that company in the form of your yoga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vikki. It's a really interesting session to teach because the expectations of the 'students', if I can call them that, are so different from my those in my other classes.

      Delete