Tuesday 8 April 2014

Tuesday chat

Walk in Derbyshire, anyone?
Isn't it sad about Peaches Geldof? She is the same age as my older son. What a waste. I see that Mickey Rooney has also died. Coincidentally, he popped up in The Muppets film, which I watched last weekend, and until then I hadn't given him a thought for many a long year.

I'm a bit sleepy this morning because I was out with 'the girls' last night at a pub quiz. We came sixth out of thirteen teams, which was a good result, given that none of us knew any of the sport questions. I was convinced that the winning driver in F1 races gets 12 points, for instance, and it turns out it's 25. We actually did better on the last round, which was on the rather curious topic of fish. One thing that I learned is that the spots on a plaice are orange. Who knew!

On my 'to do' list today is to finish my entry for the Words With Jam first page competition. The closing date isn't until 31 May, but I've been working on this for a while and there comes a time when I need to put down the pen and walk away from the paper. Then it's yoga lesson planning, teaching and a bit of subbing for the rest of the day.

The sun is out, though, and I'd really rather go for a walk. What a pity we have to work.

Onwards!

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the quiz. If we had sunny weather here, I'd be going for a walk too but it's our usual drizzly rain and low temps at the moment. Good luck with that first page comp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosemary. Don't want to rub it in, but it's a lovely sunny day again here.

      Delete