Friday 9 June 2017

Still not convinced we've much to celebrate

Politics, eh? It's a funny old game. Well, I say funny, but I'm not laughing today. I was SO hoping for a change of MP. Hey ho. If you've found something in the election to celebrate, then good luck to you.

Moving on...

On the one dry day of the week, the Women's Tour came to town again on Wednesday, and the crowds turned out to watch the cyclists hurtle around the county and then finish here in Kettering. Amazing stuff.

This weekend it's KettFest, our annual drug-dealer convention - no, sorry, arts festival. You know how you hear yourself agree to something and then when you get home you think, 'Hang on a minute!'? Well, that happened to me last week, which is how come I shall be performing a monologue in the Market Street Mews tomorrow as part of the festival events. Scared? Me? What do you think?! There's so much going on in town this weekend, it will tough to know what to go to; but I'll definitely be dropping in on the comedy festival, where we have eight Edinburgh preview shows on.

I'm patronising a festival in nearby Oundle this evening, by going to something called a 'New Nature Writing Workshop'. I'm not sure what to expect, but we're meeting in a country park - and then I don't know what will happen. I'll let you know how it went.

'Till then, have a good weekend, folks.

Want to join in and celebrate with us? Hop over to Lexa's blog here and sign up.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead. Good luck with the monologue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts. They are so funny!

    Have fun at Kettfest and the writing workshop! "Oundle" is an interesting name for a place. It sounds made up like something from a fantasy novel, but of course it's not. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is said that Oundle's name dervies from the Undalas, who invaded the place in Saxon times. I don't know if that's true, but it's a good story.

      Delete
  3. I hope the monologue went well. It sounds like a lively and lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your monologue. I'm sure it will be fine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy. I was very nervous, but it seemed to go well.

      Delete