Tuesday 20 August 2019

Touching base

Pumpkin!
One of the magazines I work for is to cease paper publication at the end of the year and become online only and, most significant for me, will be produced in house rather than by the trusty band of freelances of which I have been one. Heigh-ho. It goes with the territory.

Strangely, though, the very next day after I heard this news, someone I've not worked with for nearly two years popped up and asked if I'd be free to take on a book in October. Yes, please! It's amazing how often it happens that I lose one client only for another to come along. Thank you, universe.

Also coming along in October is publication of A Sparge Bag on the Washing Line. I'm waiting to see cover designs at the moment, which is all very exciting. In the meantime, I'm planning a launch event and looking into advertising/publicity options. Watch this space!

In other news, the great pumpkin harvest is beginning. See exhibit A, above, which is 10 inches across.

2 comments:

  1. It's pretty cool that one door opened as another closed. It's also pretty cool about A Sparge Bog on the Washing LIne.

    What a perfect pumpkin specimen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Priscilla. Post-Brexit, when the barriers come down and the food shops are empty, we shall survive on pumpkins and plums!

      Delete