Wednesday 1 January 2020

Off we go again

Different times.
I don't know if you've noticed, but a new year has started today. Honestly, to look at FaceAche you'd think it had never happened before. I'm SO fed up of people telling me how great 2020 is going to be. I hope they're right and I shall do my damnedest to make it so, but let's wait and see, shall we?

And what's with all these photos people are posting of themselves taken 10 years apart? I mean, what's the point? Of course, I know the answer: it's so that those posting can elicit lots of compliments: 'Oh you haven't changed a bit!' or 'You look even more lovely now!' or 'Looking good,  hun!' It's a brave soul who would comment, 'I didn't recognise you; you're so grey and wrinkled now.'

D'you know what I think? I think if you haven't changed over the last ten years, then you've not been trying hard enough! I'm definitely not the same person I was in 2010, because I've evolved. Sure, not all the changes have been good, but every decision I have made has led me to this place.

How do you think the world will look in 2030?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lordy, I've definitely changed in 10 years. No one would ever say I look the same. I've gone gray, lost weight in some places, gained weight in others, and took on a lot more wrinkles! I didn't know posting photos 10 years apart was a thing. Then again, I'm not on FaceAche:-) so I'm kinda out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, Priscilla, you're not missing much.

      Delete