Happy Friday, folks. Today I'm celebrating the following:
1. The goldfinches are back - see picture. I do what I can to attract the birds into our garden, including a hanger of niger seeds, but I haven't seen the goldfinches for a while. But they're back. This morning, I was sitting at my computer with the back door open when something caught my eye. I looked left to find a pigeon perched on a chair back. It's hard to say which of us was the more startled - though in the end I out-stared him and he flew back into the garden.
3. Number One Son has survived his first week in his new job.
4. I've had some lovely feedback on one of my stories on Ether Books. Thank you.
5. I taught a nice one-to-one yoga session with a new student this afternoon.
6. I've managed to get some coverage in the local paper for my choir's forthcoming concert.
7. Tomorrow I have the first half of a two-session ukulele course. Wish me luck!
So many wonderful things to celebrate. I can't wait to hear about the ukulele course. Sounds so fun. Check out my blog for some upcoming writing contests. Have a great weekend :)ReplyDelete
Thanks, Meredith. I'm just about to file down my fingernails in readiness.Delete
Yay for new jobs! That's great :)ReplyDelete
Thanks, Laura. It's such a precarious world out there that those of us with work - whether as employee or self-employed - need to hold on to it.Delete
They all sound like wonderful things to celebrate. Good luck on those ukulele lessons.ReplyDelete
Just back from the ukulele lesson and it was brilliant. We learned five chords and six songs. We have a couple of weeks now to practise what we've learned before the next class. Can't wait!Delete
Wow lots of things to celebrate. Hurrah for new jobs, in this economic climate that really is a celebration.ReplyDelete
& GOLDFINCHES! In your garden, that's lovely.