Friday 18 July 2014

On with the show

  1. Celebrating age. I'm wondering whether to cycle to the care home for this morning's yoga class or to wimp out and take the car. Although the weather forecast says dry, the sky indicates serious rain. Either way, let's celebrate that there is a group of 80-somethings waiting for me to put them through their paces.
  2. Celebrating youth. Last night I went to one of our local senior schools to see its production of Our House, which is based on the songs of Madness. My ukulele teacher is the show's musical director. It was fabulous. I can only image how proud the parents of the cast must have felt.
  3. Celebrating wisdom. I'm off to see Antigone this evening at the Royal Theatre, Northampton, in which my friend Will is performing. Nothing like a bit of Greek tragedy to get the weekend off to a good start
  4. Celebrating talent. Son Joe and his band are playing at a local festival tomorrow and I'm allowed to watch, as long as I behave. Go, Ivory Yardsale!
Ivory Yardsale 
Have a good weekend, folks.

'Celebrate the small things' is a bloghop instigated by VikLit on her blog Scribblings of an Aspiring Author and co-hosted by Diana Wilder, LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge, Cyborg Mom (Katie) and CaffeMaggieato @ mscoffeehouse. Details are here

6 comments:

  1. I loved 'Our House'. We saw it on Brighton and I knew all the words (my etea).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Antigone. I remember studying that one in school. I hope you enjoy the performance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much talent you know, Julia! What a lovely celebration all round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice celebrations! You have a lovely weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, Wendy, LG, Rosemary and Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great bunch of little things worth celebrating, hope you had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete