Monday 5 March 2018

Changing my point of view


One of the benefits of being snowbound is that I've been able to be aimless without feeling as though I should be doing something constructive with my time. I'm not a great artist, but I am quite partial to a spot of colouring. I always have been: I'm not one of those Jill-come-latelys who has jumped on the recent adult colouring book bandwagon. (There's more on this on my yoga blog here.)

My current book is a collection of Magnificent Creatures from The Works, and I've just started on what I'm quite sure is a stylised giraffe (left). However, Mr Thorley, looking at the image from the other way round, declared it to be of a mournful crayfish, with what were originally nostrils now becoming sad eyes - and I have to concede he might have a point (right).

Now I'm wondering if perhaps I should have turned the picture upside-down. At the very least, The Mournful Crayfish will make a great name for a fictional pub in one of my short stories.

12 comments:

  1. Poe-tar-toe, said nobody, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I see! I think I prefer the giraffe.
    Did you have fun? Was it relaxing?
    I have a book from the Works too, mine is floral, and I find that mindless colouring helps me to think about things. Slows me dowm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a giraffe, Maria. Either way, it's a very soothing pastime.

      Delete
  3. :D That would be a great name for a pub! I've always been a fan of coloring, too. My favorite books are ballerina and brides. Doing that is the one thing I don't seem to have to do perfectly for some reason. Maybe because my inner child comes out to play then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying the freedom to colour the sky orange and the trees purple. I think you're right. It's the perfect antidote to the restrictions of adult life.

      Delete
  4. It looks like a bedraggled baby owl to me. Or a giraffe, depending on the orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow has many good points, Julia! Love the upside down image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment, Rosemary.

      Delete