However, there have been a few highlights.
- I gave a short talk to a bereavement group on Monday evening, including a meditation on 'blocking out the bad stuff'. Seems an odd hook on which to hang a group, but they were lovely people and (most of them) seemed to like what I had to say. They gave me a huge bunch of carnations to say thank you, which I wasn't expecting.
- On Tuesday, my choir recorded two psalms to be sent for approval to Coventry Cathedral. We are hoping to sing evensong there in the summer. I thought we sounded rather good!
- On Wednesday I had lunch with my good friend Will. We are both freelance and meet up now and then ostensibly to discuss work, but actually for a good old natter.
- Yesterday I went to see Mum again and met her doctor. I've decided to call him Dr Gorgeous McLovely (but not to his face).
- I've also done a fair bit of editorial work amongst the teaching.
|Another gorgeous doctor: any excuse!|