Other good stuff:
- My mum continues to improve, post-op.
- A client I thought had abandoned me has been in touch to warn me there is some work on its way.
- I'm just about to dash out to meet a friend for coffee - always a cause for celebration. We've decided to try somewhere new. Our town is only small but it has 17 coffee shops (there are FOUR Subway outlets and two Costas, would you believe). We eschew the chains and support the independents. Way to stick it to the man.
- I've been selected to be a World Book Night giver again. Last year I gave away Rebecca; this year, it's to be Treasure Island.
- I've entered two writing competitions this week.
- I've won a competition in Freelance Market News to write a limerick on the Seven Deadly Sins.