Tuesday 10 October 2017

This should have been posted on Friday...

... but time got away from me. I've had several reasons to celebrate in the last week or so. First off, it was number two son's birthday, which we celebrated with champagne and apple crumble. Odd, do you think?

I am Star Letter in the November issue of Writing Magazine, for which I am to receive a copy of the WAYB, which is definitely worth having.

I was highly commended in the Birmingham Lit Fest flash fiction comp, for which I receive nothing, but my story will be online in due course. I'm going to the festival on Saturday, as it happens.

Most astonishing of all, those of you who have been following my staggering steps as a fledgling artist will be as surprised as I was to learn that my Pollock piece (details here) was judged to be the best in the exhibition. I know! I went along to the Rooftop Gallery on Thursday for tea and cake, where I was given a potted rose and a certificate. I'm that chuffed!

7 comments:

  1. Well done, Julia! Lots to celebrate there! Now I'm off to read that star letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all counts. Sounds like a wonderful wind-up to your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to comment, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You had great things to celebrate this week! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Touche. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the good spirit.

    ReplyDelete