Thursday 17 January 2019

Cover notes

Back in 2012, I published a small e-book on Amazon, partly because I had something to say, but partly because I wanted to see how easy/difficult it was. The Little Guide to Teaching Yoga in a Gym served the purpose and sold reasonably well, too, so it was a useful exercise.

At time time, because I didn't know any better, I designed - and I use the word loosely - the cover myself, thus:


Now, I've revised and updated the content and republished it, again as an e-book, but this time I've used the services of Shar at www.fiverr.com. She also did the cover for Nine Lives and she is really quick and great to work with. I'm sure you'll agree that what she has produced is much better than my humble effort:


So that's it: I'm not a cover designer, but fortunately I know someone who is, and it's worth paying for a job well done.

The Little Guide to Teaching Yoga in a Gym is available from Amazon for just 99p.



4 comments:

  1. The new cover is quite nice! You're right about it being worth paying for a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always better to play to your strengths and know when to ask for help. Thanks for stopping by again.

      Delete
  2. I love that second cover, Julia. I've used designers on Fiverr a few times and find it excellent value for money. Best wishes with the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally. I think it was you who first put me in touch with Shar.

      Delete