Tuesday 23 April 2019

I'll just do this post, and then...

I'm not usually a procrastinator, but there is a writing job on my to-do list that I've been putting off. I don't know why - it's not going to be difficult - but I just can't seem to get started on it; and of course the longer I leave it, the harder it is to begin.

American self-help author Napoleon Hill put it thus: 'Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday.' Well, yes, I know that, but sometimes I have cupboards to tidy, pencils to sharpen, garden paths to sweep, etc, etc, etc.

I was doing some of my finest timewasting this morning when up on Facebook popped the image above. So, soon as I've finished this post I'm going to get that job done. Honesty. No, really, I am.

4 comments:

  1. I procrastinate about putting things off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have replied to this comment sooner, but...

      Delete
  2. That's freaky about Facebook! Must be the Universe reaching out to give you some encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've done that tricky job today, Priscilla, so clearly the universe knows how to get to me.

      Delete