- I've written a completely new short story and despatched it for a competition. Before I finalised it, I gave it to my son to look at (Creative Writing graduate). He suggested that as well as reading it aloud myself, I should give it to someone who is rubbish at reading aloud so that any lumpy phrases really stand out. He also suggested running it through a speech program such as Microsoft Sam or even Windows Narrator, so that it has no emotion at all and the words have to do all the work. Couldn't fathom out how to do this, but will put it on my to-do list.
- I've revamped a piece of flash fiction and submitted that to another competition.
- I've pitched an article to The New Humanist (but I'm not holding my breath).
- Had a really good choir practice on Tuesday. One of our members brought in some African drums for us to have a bash on, in an attempt to get us in the mood for something we're singing for the forthcoming local eisteddfod. Great fun!
- Bought a massive bar of fruit and nut chocolate and didn't eat it all in one sitting.
- Had twice as many students at today's yoga class as I did last Friday.
Friday, 8 February 2013
How can it be Friday again already?
I'm very aware that I haven't posted anything since last Friday (slap on the wrist for me). Been rather preoccupied. But here are the small things I'd like to celebrate this week.