Friday 31 January 2014

Goodbye to all that

May I join the consensus and say how pleased I am that this is the last day of January? My son and I both work from home quite a lot of the time and have spent much of the month sighing and saying, 'Is it too soon for another cup of tea?' Enough with the rain and the drear, already.

This same son gives me one of my small celebrations today, as his band has done some really positive things this week, including making a video for one of their new songs. It's still being edited and sync-ed (no, me neither), but I will of course be doing my Proud Mother bit in due course.
Yakisoba EP cover art
Ivory Yardsale
I'm also celebrating my return to Zumba classes after a break of several months. Not only that, but I've also been to a FitSteps class. Ooh, the power in those little legs.

Biggest celebration, though, is that I've survived Dry January (unless I weaken in the next 12 hours, that is).

Join in the celebrations via VikLit's blog 'Scribblings of an Aspiring Author' here.
ooOoo
 
Did you watch that Horizon programme about whether sugar or fat is the worse? I won't spoil the ending, in case you want to catch it on the i-Player, but it raised some interesting points. It also made me want a bowl of ice-cream. Good job I'm back on the dancing.

Have a lovely weekend, folks.

20 comments:

  1. I definitely need to get back into the groove. Exercise groove that is. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a pretty bad January, I'm quite glad to see it go. Well done surviving dry January :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've had quite a week. Sure hope the sun shines in February for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, Cathrina, Laura and MJ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for surviving ;Dry January' - I wouldn't have made it. This week, I also went to Zumba and Fit Steps. Which do you prefer? I am slightly biased as our Zumba instructor is a rather lovely young Columbian guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them both. I've been doing Zumba for longer and so feel quite happy with it, but then FitSteps does have the thrill of the new about it, and it's surprisingly energetic. I suspect that one will replace the other in due course.

      Delete
  6. Great news about your son's band and getting back to those classes. Hope February turns out better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caffe. I've had a good start. I've been trampolining this morning. Then I strolled up to the allotment and managed to find enough veggies to make some soup. Mmm!

      Delete
  7. Yes, I watched Horizon. Looks like I can start to have sugar in my tea again. 2 weeks without has been purgatory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try and get through February without a biscuit. I'm already getting twitchy.

      Delete
  8. I am glad that it's February. January was an effort!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Instead of Thank God It's Friday, we're all saying Thank God It's February. :) I enjoyed some of January, but in other ways . . . well, I'm ready for February.
    Way to go with your Dry Month, your zumbaing and stepping! And way to go for your son with his band!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably a good sign that the sun shone yesterday. :)

      Delete
  10. Here's to Zumba AND sugar. They both give you highs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't watched the programme yet but have it taped! Good for you getting back to fitness classes - one of my aims. Good luck to your son's band!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done getting through January, especially with the bleak weather! Hopefully February will be better and inspire lots of new things to enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete