Tuesday 7 January 2014

Mind your back!

One of the pics from my yoga/driving article
I've just been to WHSmith to pick up a copy of Truck & Driver magazine, not because I fancy a change of career, but because I have an article in the February issue about how yoga can help drivers overcome bad backs caused by long hours behind the wheel - and, I've just noticed, it's flagged on the cover, too. OK, I'll put my trumpet away now.

In other news, my son has come home from work with yet another drum kit. That makes three. We are going to need a bigger house - and there was me thinking it was time to start planning to downsize. In what I used to call my dining room but what has become a music room, there is now an electric piano, two ukuleles, a bass guitar, two guitars (one electric and one acoustic) and a selection of picks and plectrums (plectra?), several amps and a spaghetti of leads, two complete drum kits and some spares, including a tub full of sticks, a bodhran, a set of bongos, a cajon, a mouth organ and a tin whistle, not to mention teetering heaps of music and several stands of various designs. Good job we have such lovely neighbours. My son is the drummer in Ivory Yardsale (may have mentioned this before!) and their EP 'Yakisoba' is getting played locally and online, and is now available to download (name your price) here.

The Dryathlon is going well. Seven days in and no DTs.

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha. After your comment on my post about your article my husband was in fits! He looked up the mag on the internet and then proceeded to read out all the article titles which, as you can imagine, were hilarious. Now we know the real content article, it is a bit of a let down. ... we hoped you had written 'The updated tyre regulations guide for truck operators.' By the way, your son sounds very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to bring a little sunshine into your life, Wendy!

      Delete
  2. What a musical room you have! Congrats on the article publication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the article! :)

    ReplyDelete