Monday 10 June 2013

Busy doing nothing, working the whole day through...

...trying to find lots of things not to do.

Corpse Pose | Yoga Poses | Yoga Journal
Just taking a moment before I get started
Feeling very Monday-ish and although I've got some work I could and should be getting on with I've been doing other stuff. Most recently, I've just come back from a Zumba class (ah, the joys of self-employment) and need a sit down, hence my quick blog post.

I haven't wasted the morning, you understand. I've updated the choir website with news of our next concert, put the details on Eventbrite and emailed our database of supporters with the links to where they can buy tickets. I've checked my bank statements, done some washing and tidied round.

I've had a little look on Twitter and Facebook and dealt with a few emails, some of which were work related, honestly. I've downloaded some page proofs for checking later today.

One useful thing I have done is to put a thingy on my Facebook page about giving blood. It's National Blood Week, which isn't a Twilight convention, but a drive to encourage more people to donate blood and to welcome back those who used to give but no longer do. Apparently, of all the people who have ever given blood, 72% haven't done so for over two years. I wonder why. So, like it says: Do something amazing. Find out more here.

Now, I really must knuckle down and earn some money.

2 comments:

  1. Donating blood is definitely a noble thing to do. I used to do it frequently, but the last time I did, I got quite ill and have not done it again since then.

    As a follow up to your comment about Manitoba wheat on my blog - I thought it would be interesting to point out that I live in Brandon, Manitoba, otherwise known as the 'Wheat City'.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandy, I'm sorry you aren't able to give blood any more. I know some people just can't do it for all sorts of reasons. And thanks for the Wheat City follow-up.

      Delete